Those who use toroids already understand all the benefits the devices provide. Of course, this does not mean that the devices have flaws, but their pros certainly outweigh the cons. Each of the positive characteristics of the transformer makes the device more efficient.
1) High Flux Density- Toroids can properly operate at flux densities greater than 14 kilogauss, whereas other transformers operate between 11 and 14. High flux allows for more consistent electrical efficiencies.
2) Low Mechanical Hum-Toroids help your transformer run quietly. When compared to other transformers, a toroid is always acoustically quieter. Low volume levels are possible because of an absence of air gaps.
3) Low Magnetic Field- Toroids put out only 1/10 of the magnetic field that other transformers emit. A toroid's core is wound, which acts as a shield to keep magnetic field maintained in the core.
4) Low Off Load Loss- Less energy is required to start and sustain a magnetic field. Within the industry, this is also referred to as quiescent power. To operate a toroid, only 1/16 of the excitation power of a different toroid is needed.
5) Small in Size- Toroids are tinier than other transformers, and so they are easily integrated into preexisting models.
6) Ease in Mounting- With a single center bolt, it is easy to mount a toroid. Installing a toroid is as quick and easy as possible.